Weber??

SASdatsun

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends.  if you care about mileage and your truck is otherwise relatively stock, I'd go with the 32/36.  

i run one on both my 84 and 82 and didn't notice a big reduction in mpg on either but definitely gained a good amount of power and torque also.  the 32-36 are primary-secondary in nature meaning you will do about 80% of your driving on the 32mm throttle, once you floor it, the 36 plate will open and give a noticable "kick" to the engine

38/38; used to be called "outlaw" kits; both 38mm plates open simultaneously as you press the throttle. so you sacrifice mileage gained by using a smaller primary for the majority of your driving.

^^ True.  But Weber also says with the 38/38 you will gain more low end-mid range torque.  That was the correlation I was looking at when the OP said "Fyi: 4x4 mud truck pushing big tires"  If your going to be off road, go with the 38 DGES.  If your want a daily diver on the pavement, go with the 32/36 DGEV.

When selecting either the 32/36 or the 38/38 you have to factor in application. If your newly built engine will remain in stock form, then the 32/36 may be the better application. The 32/36 is limited though. If you decide to perform upgrades later, you will have to re-jet to support the mod. Weber has a re-jet kit just for this. But if you are going to modify the engine, then the 38/38 is the better choice. It will not over fuel in stock form and the existing jetting will support your mods.

Keep in mind with either version of carb, Weber boasts that the mileage will still be better than OEM.

For me, always the 38/38. I just bought a kit from Carbs Unlimited for the beemer.

The cheapest place I found was the link I posted earlier.  There are many "Chinese" copies of these carbs.  I don't recommend buying the cheaper ones off eBay.  This is where I got mine.  It's the real deal:

http://www.webercarb...CFWXZQgodUXMAsw

It's not necessarily true every time, but a rule of thumb is to look for the carbs with the white electric choke, versus the black electric choke.  The black choke is the cheaper unit.  But you may find that some places that sell the cheaper units will put the white chokes on the cheap carbs.  Just buy from a reputable source, and you will be fine.

i bought mine from webers carb direct and i have had no issues besides the instructions made no sense and the kit wasnt like the redline kits.  It still works great, just not a 'true' weber, no stamp on the casting, just a .2 cent sticker.

i bought mine from webers carb direct and i have had no issues besides the instructions made no sense and the kit wasnt like the redline kits.  It still works great, just not a 'true' weber, no stamp on the casting, just a .2 cent sticker.

That's weird.

Mine was from webercarbsdirect, It's the real thing with the "Weber" cast into it, and the directions were great.....

I run a 38 on my rig. Basically, eliminated the smog crap and bolted it to the intake. Works great aside from a lil hesitation every now and then. When the carb was originally setup, it was bolted to a Chevy 292 inline 6 so the jets are way to big, hence the hesitation. Even with a lil sputtering, it's leaps and bounds better than stock as longyou're not concerned about fuel mileage!