Need help adjusting hitachi carb

willhill92

I adjusted brand new hitachi carb a bit high top get it to idle but now when I go to drive it cuts out in first and second, can someone give me advise on tuning it better? My book is at my friends so I dont really know which screw does what, thank you.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you mean as the idle mixture screw is set at the factory and sealed. You can only adjust the idle speed however the idle speed does not affect lormall running.

Cutting out in 1, 2 could be a couple of things...

The float set too low and gas can't get in fast enough and the carb runs out. Look at the front of the carb, there's a round  sight glass with a dot. Fuel level should be near the dot.

The fuel filter is plugged and not enough gas can get through for high demand times like 1st and 2nd. Filters are only a few bucks. There's one between the tank and the fuel pump on the frame on the right rear just ahead of the tire. The electric pump also has a twist off bottom and there is a filter in there too.