No Headlights!!??

datsundan

The Headlights On My 72 510 Wont Come On And I Am Getting Power To The Connectors.. All Of My Other Lights Associated With Turning The Headlights On Work Fine. Does Anybody Have Any Insight On This Problem. No Headlights But Power To The Connectors?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan

How did you measure it?

YOu ground your Voltmeter or test light to the chassis of the car then put the lead on the connector prong of the light. Yes then you get 12volts or your test light will come on with all 3 prongs. as the battery is wired up to the connector that way.

what happens is when you turn the lights ON one of the prongs will go to ground. so youll meter will read Zero or your test light will be OFF. If it does this it works and your headlamp is bad or both .

But mostly I thinkits the relay behined the strut tower near the fuse box. Maybe wiggle it or pop the relay off and put it back ON.

does your lamps work with the highbeams?

Its very rarely I seen a light switch go bad inside the car(the one where you pull to the ON position but I guess it could be bad.

I forget if the main fuse is on there also but ck if it ohms good or wiggle it to help clear the corrosion

http://www.guba.com/general/search?query=datsun&set=5