Really need a block off plate

Tdubwells

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me how much

I know that YOU know what your thinking but we don't.

720 Z22 motors with electric fuel pumps and all Z20E and Z22E from the 200sx have them from the factory. These will fit all L heads

The only other 'block off plate' I can think of are the EGR ones ... and they have to be made, and some thought has to go into them so that they include a threaded hole for the PCV valve relocation. It's paramount that the PCV valve be kept and not deleted.

Ha ha well assume that not everyone know or wants to look into your account and go through your posts to see what you have or are working on.

The easiest thing to go is just leave it alone. It has little effect on running and is not active when the motor is cold or at full throttle. If you feel the need you can disable it by removing the vacuum line and plugging it.

So this only leaves one other reason that everyone uses and that's to 'clean it up'. Well whatever, I guess. But if you're thinking this will add any hp or make it run better forget it. Another thing you should know is that this will render the PCV valve inoperative also unless you drill and tap a hole for it. To run without the PCV valve* it the worst thing you can do for your engine. It is benign in operation and keeps the inside of your motor clean, extends the interval between oil changes and makes your engine last longer.

Disconnect the ERG pipe to the EGR manifold from the exhaust manifold. Later you can replace with a metric pipe plug or trim it to 2" long, crush with vice grips and fold it closed so it doesn't leak. Unplug the PCV valve and unbolt the EGR manifold on the side of the intake. You can use this manifold to trace it's outline onto some scrap aluminum and gasket paper and cut it out, drill the holes and don't forget the PCV valve*.

• Thanks 1