A15 engine hesitation

KDub94

Hello everyone,

I own an 81 210 completely stock except for replacement OEM parts. Just last night I was driving home and started having some issues. after seeing a police officer on the freeway and not having registration or insurance on it yet, I pinned it. :rofl:  I jumped off at the next exit and the car died while turning onto the street. I got it to start back up, however when I started it and got going again, it was lagging in power and sounded like an Subaru STI. :confused:

I was searching the site quite a bit and cant seem to find anything that's close to the problem I'm having. if you guys have any helpful information on where I should start, please let me know.

I'm starting a compression test today and other stupid little things to make sure its nothing serious. Also if anybody has an a15 block or complete motor for sale in good condition I'm very interested. :thumbup:

Thanks All!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What sounds does a subaru sti make?

Gunning it like that could have sucked some gunk up into the jets in the carb. Get some carb cleaner and spray everything out good. If that doesn't work sometimes you can rev it up and throw a thick rag over the top and use the vacuum to suck the junk out of the top of the carb.

Possibly the sudden heat spike in the combustion chambers could gave 'glazed' the plug(s). This is deposits that melt or are blown off the piston top or combustion chamber walls, even the valves... and stick to the plug electrode. Cleaning the plugs or replacing will fix. Well... if this is the problem.

What sounds does a subaru sti make?

Gunning it like that could have sucked some gunk up into the jets in the carb. Get some carb cleaner and spray everything out good. If that doesn't work sometimes you can rev it up and throw a thick rag over the top and use the vacuum to suck the junk out of the top of the carb.

lol, it sounds like a flat four in first and second gear. I'll run out and check the plugs and get back to you guys.