To replace the fuel lines and the injectors or not to..... hmmm

Joey J

Ok so guys i have a question for you all. I have a tiny leak in one of the injector hoses so the way i see it is i have 2 options.

1. Replace all the hoses and leave it at that.

2. Replace injectors and all hoses.

So option 1 was what i was leaning to since the injectors are fine, the car runs strong. Here were I'm at a crossroads, it doesn't look like the injectors have ever been replaced just like the hoses. So I'm thinking might as well go with option 2 and get it all replaced since i'll be removing the fuel rail.

Opinions? Thoughts? Any input is appreciated  :thumbup:

EDIT: i was thinking about get this kit since i would imagine its superior to other injectors on the market. What do you all think? Overpriced?

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/11-3051ki

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought these 200sx Beck Arnleys a couple years back for my Z24E...but.....decided to go back to carb.

Same PN as the 280Z +....about 62 bucks a pop. BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1580099

P5240005.jpg

Maybe 5000 kms on them now.....pic is prior to install

Cheap....less than half the price..... :) ....no need for them.

Would just need 2 more.

That's not a bad kit from MSA (realistically) , and it's good that you want to take care of it right the first time !

There maybe other places that are cheaper for injectors as well ( just a thought ).

Replacing injector's in sets is recommended , but on my personal stuff I don't always have the opportunity to do it (where I can).

By the time the injectors are wrestled off and ready to go... it feels like one should have replaced them all ?

If you don't have the money or time just replace the (1) needed AFTER evaluating the situation you're in and things are off (assuming local auto-parts houses have stock on hand)

You and I both know that depends on the condition of each fuel injector hose after they are pulled :)

I'd go ahead and run good chevron gas + cleaner through the tank as often as you can bare regardless :).

I've pulled/cleaned/and or replaced individual injectors in my zxt as well as zx's (all 280zx injectors are the same as your 77280z ) , and a couple other z's , and all have ran good-very good after (always improved with a cleaning).

I've always found that the issues had more to do with the injector connectors/intake ECU grounds on the intake then anything :)

Remember to ask for the high pressure fuel injection line , and it should cost at least $4.20 per foot (at least).

If it's not you have the wrong hose.( Just double check ).

Get a better brand name fuel filter while you're at it.

If you have not already done so ... replace ALL vacuum lines (your car , rubability , and mileage will thankyou)

Injector connectors.. those are the wild cards in my book.

You can always later on replace injector connectors as you please (if they have not yet been replaced since it drove off the lot in 77'... )

I'd highly recommend replacing them if they're questionable. You "can" replace (1) at a time as well.

They are Bosch EV-1 connectors off ebay or just about anywhere. Take a sample with you if you're buying local.

I have some used sets (6) of injectors as well.

Hope some of my jargon was of something new to you lol

DTP

I bought these 200sx Beck Arnleys a couple years back for my Z24E...but.....decided to go back to carb.

Same PN as the 280Z +....about 62 bucks a pop. BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1580099

P5240005.jpg

Maybe 5000 kms on them now.....pic is prior to install

Cheap....less than half the price..... :) ....no need for them.

Would just need 2 more.

These come out to about the same price im thinking. The MSA ones include the o rings too.

That's not a bad kit from MSA (realistically) , and it's good that you want to take care of it right the first time !

There maybe other places that are cheaper for injectors as well ( just a thought ).

Replacing injector's in sets is recommended , but on my personal stuff I don't always have the opportunity to do it (where I can).

By the time the injectors are wrestled off and ready to go... it feels like one should have replaced them all ?

If you don't have the money or time just replace the (1) needed AFTER evaluating the situation you're in and things are off (assuming local auto-parts houses have stock on hand)

You and I both know that depends on the condition of each fuel injector hose after they are pulled :)

I'd go ahead and run good chevron gas + cleaner through the tank as often as you can bare regardless :).

I've pulled/cleaned/and or replaced individual injectors in my zxt as well as zx's (all 280zx injectors are the same as your 77280z ) , and a couple other z's , and all have ran good-very good after (always improved with a cleaning).

I've always found that the issues had more to do with the injector connectors/intake ECU grounds on the intake then anything :)

Remember to ask for the high pressure fuel injection line , and it should cost at least $4.20 per foot (at least).

If it's not you have the wrong hose.( Just double check ).

Get a better brand name fuel filter while you're at it.

If you have not already done so ... replace ALL vacuum lines (your car , rubability , and mileage will thankyou)

Injector connectors.. those are the wild cards in my book.

You can always later on replace injector connectors as you please (if they have not yet been replaced since it drove off the lot in 77'... )

I'd highly recommend replacing them if they're questionable. You "can" replace (1) at a time as well.

They areconnectors off ebay or just about anywhere. Take a sample with you if you're buying local.

I have some used sets (6) of injectors as well.

Hope some of my jargon was of something new to you lol

DTP

I appreciate all the info! Im looking into cheaper alternatives but worried about buying $40 injectors. I just checked the connectors and they actually do need to be replaced they look pretty worn out. I definitly will be buying a new fuel filter and was planning on cleaning out the gas tank as well. Vacuum lines i didnt think of replacing but might as well make all the hoses purty :D

Thanks again for all the info!!!

I appreciate all the info! Im looking into cheaper alternatives but worried about buying $40 injectors. I just checked the connectors and they actually do need to be replaced they look pretty worn out. I definitly will be buying a new fuel filter and was planning on cleaning out the gas tank as well. Vacuum lines i didnt think of replacing but might as well make all the hoses purty :D

Thanks again for all the info!!!

Glad you see some use of my rambling ... :lol:

Rockauto.com .... Air-Tex Brand injectors = $23 a piece (wholesaler closeout) = $136.74

If you want cheap all new injectors that is.

The Beck/Arnley injectors Sealik has might be the ones to snag if shipping works out.

I'm not sure where MSA sources their injectors from :)

I personally am not weary about running cheap NEW injectors , but I won't expect them to last like the originals :cool:

Good !

I've used and soldered in the Cheapo Ebay injector connectors , and they work good BUT I would look at the GM style EV-1 connectors with a boot and has the push-to-un-clip feature(ish).

If you do the Ebay cheapo connectors just get some "liquid electrical tape" and dab the top edges where the wires enter. Some light die-electric grease on the other side and done :) .

lol you can make those hoes all purdy as you want ;)

I cut (4-5) different sample sizes .... stuck them to index cards ,,,, and walked into NAPA auto parts.

I don't think I spent more than $20 on regular black hose for my 280zx turbo (more vacuum lines than one can imagine lol ).

TIP: Inspect all your fuel injector holders for cracks ... even slight ones can cause problems... don't forget to lube em.