620 shorty fuel tank help?

stheodore10

I'm now the proud owner of a 1973 short bed 620 :) now for the fix ups... the dude before me removed the fuel tank for some reason and I have no idea how to hook it back up... I found the schematics in the book and it says there's 2 vent hoses that have to be hooked up to something I can't remember the name of but it doesn't tell me where its located... so as of now I have no idea how to hook it back up, any help would be much appreciated

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 74 (has tank mounted to the bed) and we bypassed the vapor tank. The bottom most port was hooked up to the line going to the fuel pump. The port near the middle of the tank was hooked to the line coming from the top of the filler neck, and the rear most port at the top of the tank was hooked to the evap line. So far there haven't been any problems.

Edit: The evap line is the hardline on the rail that runs beside the tank. It runs along side the brake line and ends at the rear of the tank. The best way to notice it is it hooks up above the frame with the connection facing back towards the cab.