76 Datsun KC - Great Forum

Waaaay back in the day, I purchased a new 1977 620 and had it for about 4 years before selling it. For about the past 10 years I have been wanting to purchase and restore another 620, but was always too busy with work and raising kids to make it happen. I finally bought a really nice and clean one in February. I am planning the restoration to take 2-3 years....... I'm in no rush since I have waited this long and want to end up with a like-brand new truck in the end. Since February, I have been purchasing and setting aside all of the parts I can find. I have also been stripping off all of the salvagable parts that I can't find replacements for and restoring them to as close to like-new condition as possible.

I just signed up to the forum and hope to make future contributions as I go through the restoration process. I came across Ratsun.net while researching information and looking for parts. The sight is incredible and everyone seems to go out of their way to help one another..... very commendable and this is one of the first times I have run across such an unselfish and sharing bunch. Although I knew my old '77 really well at the time, it's been over 30 years and I been realizing that I don't know near as much as I thought!!

I've just started exploring Ratsun and already got helpful info about how to remove my dash, why the Low setting on my heater fan doesn't work, etc. I also found out about Rock Auto from this site (many thanks for that tidbit). Thanks to everyone here!

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the crazy, dysfunctional, loud and proud, and generally fucked up world of awesomeness aka Ratsun.

Hint for you, post a build thread with lots of pictures!

This site is teeming with pic whores (me included).