4 speed trans 510

I have a 4 speed trans that worked fine till at some point a pin must have sheered that holds the part at the other end that controls the shifting forks. Is that easy to get to to fix? I think you only have to remove the tail section of the trans. Is there anything to be aware of if so?

Eddie

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I do this I am wondering, when you unbolt the tail end of a 4 speed manual trans from a 510 will the tail end just come off? Is there anything to be aware of that may fall out. I only ask because I have never taken one off. I'm just not sure if there is any surprises to be aware of before removing the tail end. As well as putting it back on. Is it as simple as unbolting and pulling apart? Or is there anything I need to know before I pull it apart and put it back together?

Eddie

Well I got it working, unbolted it pulled it loose. Some how the lever attached to the other end from the shifter had slipped out of place. When I put back on it seemed to go in and out of gears ok. So I guess it will be ok

Eddie