hitachi carb question part 2

Lowandslow

I have an 80 l20b 720. The choke is not opening up completely. It opens up like 2/3 of the way. I have no power when I have to floor it. I moved the adjust so it would open up all the way and I actually had power!! But no idle. Is there any other adjustments I can do? Or a cold idle circuit I can adjust?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The choke heater appears to be not working. Get a $5 test light. Check for power on the Blue wire going to the electric choke when the motor is running. Opening 2/3 is just the heat from the motor opening it.

The round Black thing is the choke heater. The wire from it is actually Blue. Check that it's plugged into the engine harness and the test light should light with the engine running.

carbelectricelectricchoke.jpg

I have connected the choke heater wire to the ignition switch so now it has power when the engine is on. The truck dies now when the choke is completely open. It idles for a second then it gradually loses RPM's and dies.I have the idle screw out 2 turns.