bench seat options '80 720 KC

Lowandslow

So I am a new Dad to a baby boy and he decided to show up a month early. The only vehicle we have right moe is my 80 720 kc. The only problem is that it has 2 bucket seats. My question is are there any bucket seats that are a direct swap into the bolts? Or at least with minimal fab work? Were a little short on cash right noe soa sedan or new car is not an option. Thanks for the help Ratsun!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean buckets, or a bench?  If you want new buckets, Isuzu Rodeo seats bolt up pretty well, and the cushion height is good since they were designed for a body-on-frame truck.  I really like mine in terms of fit and comfort, and they were pretty cheap-- $80 for the pair in very good condition.

Did you not actually read the original post? He needs a BENCH seat so the wife and a baby plus it's car seat can ride. 485730-facepalm_icon-34b3667.jpg

I think a single cab 720 seat should work. Mine tilts up and slides forward so you could still access the space in back. I have also heard a hardbody seat will fit as well. Have a look around the junk yards. And you could get your money back selling your buckets to someone on here. Console too if you have one! Both are popular to people with no kids with bench seat trucks!

I will just warn you now, it's gonna be a cramped ride! I did it for four years with my old hardbody! Whatever you do don't put the baby in those useless jump seats in back. They are unsafe in a crash.

Wallaccx: I am looking for bench replacements as I have buckets right now

Joecool: Thanks for the information!! I am going to the junkyaed and seeing what they have! As for selling the buckets, the ones I have are in terrible condition. I dont have the fold down seats in the back but that sounds like a horrible idea. Also, is there a difference in seat bolt patterns throughout the years of the 720? I have an 80 and have found out it is pretty much its own model of 720.

Thanks for all the help so far and I am sorry for any typos. I am posting from my phone.

hardbody IIRC is a little too wide.  Do like the 80 720s! They're nice

Joecool has it nailed, the single cab 720 had bench seats, at least my 80 did. The seat was blown out, but should be alright.  620 might fit, but i heard its just a little skinnier in width.  Measure, and measure again. If anything else, and you find a seat close enough you can always drill new holes, new bolts, and washers (both sides). 

Where do the middle seat belts get bolted to? Do they go on the holes for the inside of the bucket seats?

Depending on what year truck you got it from, there is no middle seat belt. I Know my 80 doesn't have one. You may have to get one from another model truck and drill holes?

Okay so I got the seat in, straight bolt in. So I was going to drill some holes for the middle seat belts but am unsure as to where to drill exactly. Has anyone else had to drill in the middle seat belts or can someone post a picture of your bench seat seatbelt bolts?