78 510 dash

so i took my 510 wagon to cartoys and got a radio and speakers three days ago. noticed after it got dark that none of my dash lights were working except the one brake light that never turns off. later on that night i was driving and a hippie in a old bug pulls up next to me and yells out to let me know that my running lights weren't on but were lighting up when i would hit the brakes. i got home and i checked, sadly he was telling the truth.

i have zero experience when it comes to this stuff. hit me this morning that it might be a fuse? maybe im retarded lol. it makes sense that the guys at cartoys must have fucked with something right? 

anyone know what might cause this or what i should go look for to get this fixed up? cant really drive it at night till i get this fixed. any input helps, thanks fellas 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dash and running (clearance) lights are on the same fuse and that's most likely flown. The problem is that someone may have used the dash wire to power the radio lamp and buggered up the connection and it may continue to flow the fuse. 

Replace the fuse... it's probably labeled on the fuse box cover. Never trust a fuse by looking at it, they lie all the time. Always replace it, they are cheap. If this fixes the problem... good. If not take it back to whoever installed it and tell them to fix their problem they caused.

• Like 1