Hello, long time lurker 1st time poster. 280Z Fairlady (Barn find)

Picked up this in a barn in Texas, yes it was a battle to get it on the transporter to take it back to cali, Motor is an L28,but its an AUTO however its not the common L20A or the L24, but its rough, still though a rare find - I thought these year cars were rack and pinion but this car has a steering box so here are the pix. Rims are by Fortis of JAPAN - and they are true wire wheels. 

20130414_130543_zps09cc4b76.jpg

20130414_130520_zpsf43249b0.jpg

20130413_114556_zps9df66f5d.jpg

20130414_112641_zps8be6c72a.jpg

20130414_112630_zpsea0ffff9.jpg

20130414_112646_zpsd5771e6c.jpg

20130414_123109_zpsd5da088f.jpg

20130414_130528_zps11b39785.jpg

20130414_130536_zps6b8a3ab7.jpg

As much I want to keep this and make a project I just dont have the room for it. 

So.cal Van Nuys area. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to ratsun, good first post.about the car selling well, a member was selling one on the west coast , little better condition, for 1000$..... he ended up parting it out after a year of no real interst, and it ran and drove. I dont know that these cars have realy got a fan base... maybe put it in the garage for a decade?

That being said it is rare car with really cool options most zx cars dont have. Nice save mang.

Welcome to ratsun, good first post.about the car selling well, a member was selling one on the west coast , little better condition, for 1000$..... he ended up parting it out after a year of no real interst, and it ran and drove. I dont know that these cars have realy got a fan base... maybe put it in the garage for a decade?

That being said it is rare car with really cool options most zx cars dont have. Nice save mang.

have a couple of offers on the table but most of these cars were L20 or L24 never seen a L28 version still its really rare to find one :) 

in the US this was branded as the 280ZX 2+2,  all models came with an L28. 

A neat find- but I'm afraid there aren't many enthusiasts for the ZX model. 

But keep in mind this isn't from the USA and almost all of them I have seen in japan were L20 and a few rare L24's never seen an L28 which is a very rare find. USA is another story.But a L28 2+2 only will find them with the small 6. 

The struts will sell, the trans will sell, maybe the wheels... then you have a stripped out car in your way.

Its pretty hard to sell a car in this condition and recoupe all your money at this point. Lets say you paid 200 bucks into the purchase, shipping was probably 700, getting it in your name so you can legally sell it. What another hundred lets say. So 1000$ to get your money back. Wich is what one locally here was going for, and it never sold, after months it was parted out.

It was the same color, hade a 2.8 in it, and was actully in better condition.

Idk why it didnt sell, I like the zx's. There fast, comfy, and can fit huge wheels . But I guess its not there time. Make great chump.cars tho untill they do catch on.