30k mile Hankook & Doral tires are BY GOD 30k mile tires

three years/30k+ ago miles ago I put four new tires on my 510.

two were 195/50 Hankooks. these were good-looking tires, I really liked them. one of them is still decent. the other just suffered a sidewall failure. they were $88 each.

the 195/50 Dorals (yes, tires, not 1990s cigarettes) were put on the same day because the tire shop did not have two more Kumhos. the Dorals were not a horrible tire but they were just odd. weird. strange looking rubber. made in Indonesia btw. both of these have failed in the last two weeks and I think one had a busted belt pretty much from the get-go. having said that, though the Dorals were brand new they had sat on the tire shop's rack for a while. so long in fact that I got the pair for $60.

I just purchased two Achilles 195/50 tires for the front of my Datsun. I had never heard of this brand either. They are an Indonesian brand like the Dorals :geek: . They have an insane, deep, mil-spec Humvee tire looking tread pattern. They were $98 each. I will try to post pics soon but I just got home way too late tonight.

For the record, I run my tires at the max sidewall rating PSI, check my tire PSI very often, never had flats on any of these tires and use the Datsun pretty much just as a daily driver, 36 miles round trip to work, 5-6 days a week on asphalt.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic