76 N.F.G truck

squatches

I've had this truck sitting around for about for a while, I got it and pulled the engine out to go into another 620 of mine and stripped the rest of it down.   After being stripped down to just a bare cab and left sitting for a while I decided to put it back together and make it a parts hauler/ shenanigans truck.

199_zpsc715e41b.jpg

200_zps9192ec1d.jpg

198_zps406f0eac.jpg

197_zpsa0f74005.jpg

207_zpsfb8e46d8.jpg

(some of the body panels are just sitting on there right now I lost the bolts)  :crying:

the plan for now is to pull this cab off and set the black one on,  the red cab is rusted thru real bad.

208_zps128d3539.jpg

209_zps60b7a2b8.jpg

I will also be attempting to put the 240sx subframes under the original frame for the black truck since the previous owner cut it for bags.

201_zps111e56a9.jpg

203_zps212170c0.jpg

202_zps5d4d17f6.jpg

for some reason he stuck a s10 rearend under it.  :confused:

the welds on the notches are scary and didn't hold, im surprised it didn't come apart when going down the road.

204_zps49084dd1.jpg

205_zpsf28b9e48.jpg

and last of all 240 subframe, soon to be loaded with the truck frame and go to my friends house to be joined together. :w00t:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you have a lot of work to do. Should be a fun project though.

If you scrap that red cab can you see how difficult it would be to remove that metal that the hood brakets mount through? The PO of my 620 let the hood fly up at highway speeds one day and the hood mounts ripped through the top of those holes in the firewall. Also, is that a bench seat I see? Whatcha doing with that :)

Looks like you have a lot of work to do. Should be a fun project though.

If you scrap that red cab can you see how difficult it would be to remove that metal that the hood brakets mount through? The PO of my 620 let the hood fly up at highway speeds one day and the hood mounts ripped through the top of those holes in the firewall. Also, is that a bench seat I see? Whatcha doing with that :)

seat is for sale but it does have a rip in the material on the drivers side bottom cushion it could be recovered easily.

How rusty is the cab? I have a 79 and my roof is pretty rusty.

Those mag wheels are pretty neat.

Roger

floors are gone and some of the rocker panels  idk if im going to ct it up or save it for later on.

Holy shitty welding job batman.  I wouldn't trust that at all.  Time to take it back down to bare metal and remove the old booger non stickin welds, and start fresh... Bevel some stuff so it gets down in there.  ALmost looks like they pulled the trigger on the mig and let the wire pool up / 0 penetration... 

Holy shitty welding job batman.  I wouldn't trust that at all.  Time to take it back down to bare metal and remove the old booger non stickin welds, and start fresh... Bevel some stuff so it gets down in there.  ALmost looks like they pulled the trigger on the mig and let the wire pool up / 0 penetration... 

it looks even worse in person, once my friend gets his trailer fixed were loading the frame up and cutting it to attempt to mount the 240sx subframes.    I figure we can't muff it up any more than what it already is lol.