720 truck ECU #'s

Telkwa

Ours is A16-615 046.  I found a couple of ECU's on 720's at the junk yard numbered A16-615 043.  One of those was on a truck just 3 months younger than ours.  Does anyone know what's the difference between an 043 and an 046?  I'd like to have a spare ECU.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will likely work (I'll look the number up when I get home) but it could be manual/standard, altitude modle, California emissions model, 4wd/2wd, long wheelbase/short, HD or camper option, air condition, changes in emission sensor or contriolls.... lots of stuff even a change in emission rules month to month can alter the ECU mumber. 

Hi, mike -

Apparently the forum was broke for a couple of days?  I imagine you've been busy.  If it would help out at all, I'll look up the ECU number.  Is there a link or something?

I found the Jim Wolf webpages, but they don't list the 720.  Looks like the truck entries start with the D21.

It appears the "043" is fairly common.  Found several on eBay.  Haven't found any "046" yet. 

A16-615 043 isn't really a Nissan part number although it does ID the box. See if you can find another number on it somewhere on the outside. These were all used after '84.

California...

22604-62W01

22604-62W6

Federal....

22604-80W01

22604-80W11

22604-81W01

22604-82W01

22604-84W01

The shiny sticker that says A16-615 046 wraps around to the top of the box.  On that upper part of the sticker there's a big "4".  There are no other identifying characters of any kind on the outside.  On the circuit board inside 

P3100038.jpg

P3100036.jpg

there's a board I.D. : A17-001 032-3

I don't imagine that helps any...  The circuit board looks nice and clean, considering it's out of such a flea-bitten old truck!

I picked up an 043 at the wrecking yard today.  Total experiment.  As soon as the truck is functional again I'll swap ECU's and see if there's any apparent difference between the two.  The wrecking yard ECU came out of a 2WD KC manual trans 720, build month /4 of '85.  Ours is a 2WD Cab/Chassis, manual trans, build month /7 of '85.