oil pan tips

socaldatsun

So i am doing a KA24E swap on my 521. I have the front sup oil pan that i want to use and it clears everything except the drag link. It was already been flipped and put a spacer but it just isn't cutting it just yet. A rear sup will not work cause i don't have enough clearance for the sump to actually fit so front sump is my only option.

this is how big of a spacer i am running, obviously the spacer is not on at the time.

2012-09-30200153.jpg

part of the oil pan it is hitting

2013-02-25162905.jpg

roughly how much i have to cut and i would still have to use the spacer with this. with out it i would have to cut up and im thinking i would trap alot of the oil on that back part of the oil pan

77cfa862-9ec0-40ae-bdae-d7cf7a892e5f.jpg

is there any other way you guys would solve this?

I have considered the good ol' heat gun and hammer method but was convinced not to just in case i puncture a hole in the pan.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so just got an idea. since you said that the ratio would have been flipped if i swap the position of the tie rods and center link.

would i be able to put them both on the same bolt? the farther one to the rear.

I am running heim joints its just one straight bolt all the way through. I could connect both joints on the same bolt.

one on top of the arm and another on the bottom side.