71' 510 wagon

New to the Datsun community.  I have a chance to start a project on a 72' 510 wagon.  It's got an L16, body is pretty straight with minimal rust, interior is average and it doesn't run.  A friend of a friend is offering to anyone he knows first before posting online.  I know it's not the greatest amount of information, but would anyone please give me a good price to pick this up for?  Maybe a high and a low.  Thank you.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Free to $1000? How long off the road? Complete just not running? Pics? Good luck.

Thanks BJW.  I had about 1000 in mind since he said he had all the parts.  But it looks like he's a little unrealistic.  He said the motor's been rebuilt but won't respond on why it's not running.  He asked 4K.   Thanks for the help.  I guess my project will just have to wait.

I have a hard time paying over $1000 for stock non runners. If I found a complete mostly rust free wagon id be happy to pay $1000. Body work is expensive and so is finding missing bits. Your area sees all types of prices on 510's. It really comes down to what someone will pay. It would have to be super clean. To pay $4000 not running.

Good luck. I keep getting 2drs but still really want a wagon. But I'm cheap. I don't think ive paid more than $500 for one yet.

I have a hard time paying over $1000 for stock non runners. If I found a complete mostly rust free wagon id be happy to pay $1000. Body work is expensive and so is finding missing bits. Your area sees all types of prices on 510's. It really comes down to what someone will pay. It would have to be super clean. To pay $4000 not running. Good luck. I keep getting 2drs but still really want a wagon. But I'm cheap. I don't think ive paid more than $500 for one yet.

Thanks again BJW.  So I've been in direct contact with him now.  Turns out he blew a head gasket on the original L16 which is still in the wagon.  He overheated the thing a couple times which probably means crack and warping.  He has a rebuilt L20 long block which he's throwing in with the price.  Not sure how difficult the swap would be.  I know the pistons are larger on the 20.  Any other major issues?  Thanks again.