Oil pan and mount issues

I have a 1975 Datsun 620 and i am attempting to turn it into a four wheel drive...I bought a 1985 720 frame, I rebuilt my l20b moter and tranny out of the 620 but when I went to sit it on the 720 frame my oil pan was hitting .. So I got a oil pan off of a z24 4x4 and filler tube and bolted it on.....now I am having trouble finding mount brackets that give me my 12 degree engine turn and the proper hight...any help would be much appreciated

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a '75 620 just use the '75 engine brackets (that's the things that bolt to the block and to the rubber motor mounts) on the 720 frame. The Z24 oil pan is never going to sit level on an L20B motor.

I have a 720 (2wd) frame and swapped an L20B in and it fit fine. Later I swapped a Z24 in and it also fit fine, so your frame should take an L20B. The problem is the front differential clearance. Yes there was a 4x4 L20B oil pan.... BUT it only fit the '80 4x4 frame because the differential is on the opposite side to all the Z engine Frames.

Maybe section the Z24 oil pan and weld it up so it sits level on an L20B