280zx turbo driveshaft (coupe)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Auto drive shaft has a different transmission flange than the manual shaft that came with the T5. I'm looking for a shaft that came in the 280zx turbo 5 speed coupe. NA 5 speed coupe won't work either. Thanks for the reply tho!

The t5 had its own output shaft diameter. I think its some thing like 2.7". Its different than the proprietary nissan shafts because borg warner made the manual trans as im sure you already know. dont know what the spline count is. Does any one else confirm that the auto drive shaft doesn't interchange?

So broomfield huh? Are there a lot of datsun guys here? I just moved from arizona.

We have the Z Car Club of Colorado, estb '83, the club also has a piece of High Plains Raceway and has two track days during the summer. june 22nd and sept 14th. www.zccc.org Our monthly meeting is the first wednesday of every month at the New York Deli News.

There's a group of dimes around boulder, an informal early z and roadster group on google with local members. zroad. Can't forget about Bob3 and his mx520 in the springs.

I'll get the driveshaft out of the shed in the morning and check it's spline count and diameter and length. 

The t5 had its own output shaft diameter. I think its some thing like 2.7". Its different than the proprietary nissan shafts because borg warner made the manual trans as im sure you already know. dont know what the spline count is. Does any one else confirm that the auto drive shaft doesn't interchange?

So broomfield huh? Are there a lot of datsun guys here? I just moved from arizona.

That is correct!  Might wanna try looking in HybridZ, Zdriver, or Zcar someone most probably might have one laying around.

Yea thats a good idea. There are just so many different forums and I'm so lazy when it comes to creating accounts... haha.

But theres a lot of great people willing to help out. Especially on this forum  Thanks fellas!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.