My 76 B210 2dr Sedan, AKA Estabon

SlammedSunny

So I figure I've owned my B210 for 6 months now and I might as well start a build thread.  "Estabon" was the name the previous owner gave him and asked if I would keep the name, I bought the car from my buddy so I said okay.  Anyways, Estabon sat in my friends driveway for 6 years, it was driven 3 times since he bought it.  He had purchased the car for $1200, I bought it for $600 and saved it by about 2 weeks from going to the scrap yard.  Lots of people had inquired about the car over the years but instantly were not happy with the automatic transmission it had.  I originally purchased Estabon to be my daily driver while I did a paint job on my 94 Integra GSR.  Immediately I knew the paint job was never going to happen as I fell in love with my first Datsun  :wub: . With only 80,000 miles on the clock I knew this would be a project car.  The first thing I did was some routine maintenance, Fluid Change, new points, Air filter, Ect.  After that I replaced the stock 13" steelies with cookie cutter tires, with some Celica Supra mags and 185/60/R14 tires stretched across them.  Pulled the Carpet out and threw it away, It was in horrible condition.  So far have only managed to finish the passenger side of the floor, Stripped all the sound deadening, re-seam sealed it, and gravel guarded it.  Also I ditched the Front seats that would kill your back if riding in them for longer than 5 min, And fabbed up some brackets to install some cheap 98 civic SI seats i found locally.  Cut 1.5 coils out of the front springs, and flipped the back bottom leaf to get a little lower.  All the shocks are blown so the ride sucks untill I can afford new ones.  After deciding to do a KA swap I sourced an entire SOHC swap, then parted it out in favor for a Mint L20B that is still on my engine stand.  Enough of the stories for now, how about some pictures.

Just after removing the ugly side moldings and a bath

TravisDatsun002.jpg

Getting LOW (er)

TravisDatsun005.jpg

Some new shoes, Yes I know the rear is lower than the front, it will be fixed when i get the money.

TravisDatsun006.jpg

Some Bodywork done to the fender and a Rising sun hood

TravisDatsun010.jpg

Time for some bodywork!

TravisDatsun012.jpg

Primer!! Bad picture but shows the custom rear panel,

TravisDatsun022.jpg

TravisDatsun021.jpg

TravisDatsun019.jpg

New Shop, In the paint shop now!

TravisDatsun036.jpg

And Finally Some Snazzy pics of the Fender mirrors I picked up

TravisDatsun035.jpg

Horrible photo, But yes they are Electric!

TravisDatsun033.jpg

And thats where Im at today, I have one last pass to do with 600 grit on an orbital sander, and some masking then Seal it, paint and clear!

Also I am looking for all the info I can get on an L20B swap with a 5 speed from a truck, I dont have the trans yet so i dont know what it is exactly.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished up the paint last night, I go back tonight to unmask it and I'll take some pictures with my camera.  Im going to redo the hood and re-clear the trunk, just too much dirt in them for me, but thats what you get when painting a car in a barn lol.  Does anyone know if i can fit 205/50/R15 on 15x7 +0, or would I be better to run 195/50/R15? I would prefer the extra 10mm of tread and they make my favorite tires in 205 but not 195.

• 1 month later...

I tried fitting some Cressida wheels today, 14x5.5 +27 with 215/60R14 they fit the rear and i really like the tire size back there! a few pics, comparing my 185/60R14 celica supra mags 

cressidawheels001.jpg

cressidawheels004.jpg

cressidawheels003.jpg

cressidawheels002.jpg

I only tried it on the rear because the fronts wont fit worth shit with 215/60's on them! and because my co-worker who is selling them only brought one to work today :P