B210 Brake Booster, 510 install

Dzaster

I did a search and came up with this thread, but it didn't quite answer my questions so here we are.

Got a couple questions regarding the B210 brake booster(BB) install on a 510.

First off, I have the opportunity to pick up this BB, but am wanting some input.

From these pictures does it look to be an actual B210 BB and does it look complete with correct spacers and/or pushrod?

IMAG0014_zps9a17f492.jpg

IMAG0015_zpsfbbc2203.jpg

IMAG0013_zpseb84ea6c.jpg

And a couple more Q's regarding install.

1) Do I use my current 510 brake master cylinder(BMC) or is another BMC needed/suggested?

2) Repositioning the BMC that far out to make room for BB, do I just leave all hard lines attached and let them bend to new position of BMC?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From these pictures does it look to be an actual B210 BB and does it look complete with correct spacers and/or pushrod?

Yes, yes, and yes. 

1) Do I use my current 510 brake master cylinder(BMC) or is another BMC needed/suggested?

If stock brakes, use what you got. 

2) Repositioning the BMC that far out to make room for BB, do I just leave all hard lines attached and let them bend to new position of BMC?

You can.

But new lines are pretty. And clean.  B)

You're right. About $80 after core. Thanks.

Not home with my car but just checked a picture of engine bay and the BMC I don't think is a 510. Previous owner said he thought it was 280zx BMC.

Does that look to be the case? If so, still able to use the BB with my current BMC?

144F9313-01FA-484F-8F24-66EC84C821CE-391

Not home with my car but just checked a picture of engine bay and the BMC I don't think is a 510. Previous owner said he thought it was 280zx BMC.

Does that look to be the case? If so, still able to use the BB with my current BMC?

Can't really tell from that pic. Those reserviors obviously aren't OEM 510 but are often installed on reman 510 units.

The size will be cast into the master itself, on the side. The 510 is 3/4, 280Z is 7/8, and I think a 280ZX is either a 7/8 or 15/16. 

Look here:

brake-master-78.gif

If so, still able to use the BB with my current BMC?

And yes, should still be perfectly fine to run your master on the booster. 

Side note, the B210 booster has an aluminum spacer plate om the engine bay side. Chances are good that if that's a 7/8 or bigger, it won't fit down inside the aluminum plate. You'll either need to enlarge the hole in the plate, or try to find one of those plates from a 280Z or 280ZX. 

You can see here, the 280Z uses the same type of aluminum plate/spacer as the B210, just with a slightly larger internal bore.  :thumbup:

26793060061_large.jpg

But double check my math and see if it fits on your spacer before you rush out and buy another one. I'm 93% sure it won't (if it's bigger than 3/4), but it's worth a shot. 

• 2 weeks later...