Axle alignment

Stupid_fast

Hi all,

I've been messing about with my leaf springs and last time I installed them back my axle was misaligned, so the wheels where both turned a bit to the right.

The stock leaf spring pads hold the alignment, but running beltech blocks they don't fit in correctly (1/2" button in a 1" hole).  Even running pinion angle correctors mess with how the stock rubber fits to the axle and its tough to get aligned properly.

I was wonder if anybody knows of an aftermarket leaf spring pad to properly center the axle on the leafs ??  I was looking at summit they have some for Camaro's and stuff but I don't know if they have the same 1" size knob on them. 

Sucks to throw off alignment every time I change springs.  I know I could just pull the axle back with the u-bolts loose and make the wheels straight but it seems like a bad solution.

Thanks !

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MY belltech blocks fit perfect on my 521 leafs spring. I figured they would be the same hole size.

this is good to know.

I used 6202 the 2 deg 3inch

But ran a 2 inch and it was the same also for fitting=good

Haha I knew you would hop right on this Hainz !! 

I have beltech 1" blocks, they have like a  1/2" knob on the top and do not fit 510 wagon axle properly !  Wagon axle needs like a 1" centering pin.

Had to drill the bottom of those beltech to fit the axle bolt, too!

I'm making a setup combining a set of 720 leafs so I won't need blocks anymore.  

my friend who has a KA and it getting bad axle wrap and misalignment due to the blocks was talking to me about my experimenting with combining leaf packs, he wants a setup that does not require blocks.  So basicly I'm just developing this on my goon then I'm going to make a setup for his.  

If i just had axle pads that fit on top of those 13mm leaf center bolt, then 1" knob to align the goon axle it would be fine ...  Maybe a small 1/2" or 1" block that had a 1" pin on top ??

Maybe just leave u-bolts snug, pull ebrake hard in straight line until stopped, tighten the u-bolts back up ?

My current setup looks like this... has about 1" wheel gap. and it was misaligned (wheels both pointed slightly right).

IMAG0063.jpg