FS: 1971 Datsun 521 With Lots of Pics & Vids!

Well fellow Ratsun-ers it's time for me to sell my rig. I'd love to keep it as I've put a lot of time and $$$ into it but I honestly just don't use it much. It's not my daily and it's hard to find time to drive it when I have 5 other vehicles to put around in. It does come in very handy from time to time but heck I can borrow the Frontier I bought my dad when I need to haul something now.

I factored in that I'm selling my little truck running and in complete shape, not a shell with a ton of parts being thrown in the 'deal'...so I 'think' my price is fair but we'll see what the market brings in. :P

This is pretty much my CL ad so sorry if I repeated some info. :)

- Year: 1971

- Make: Datsun

- Model: 521

- Color: Primered White with Red Stripes

- Title is clear (not salvaged)

- Miles unknown (I've owned it for 4 years, I'm not the original owner so I have no way of knowing if it is the original owner or if it has been rebuilt, in 4+ years I have not seen a reason to rebuild it, it runs fine.)

REASON FOR SELLING

As much as it pains me to sell my little workhorse I have 6 cars right now and it's hard to use them all at once. It's not that I don't like it but just that I don't use it enough. I had originally bought this little hauler to do just that, haul junk/debris/material from my remodeling to the junkyard/landfill. Now that I'm all done remodeling it's time to give it up to someone that can and will appreciate it and get some great use out of it.

THE GOOD

- Clean Title

- Current on registration until December 2008 (no back fees!)

- Great running condition

- Stock 4 cylinder L16 engine (unknown mileage but it's a bullet proof little engine)

- Electrically everything all works

- Very cheap insurance (about $80/year)

- Very cheap registration fees (I paid $60 last year)

- The best is you never need to worry about smog again!!!

- Drives great on the open road

- Idles nice (No fluctuating of any kind)

- Decent overall body (minor dings/dents normal on a 38+ year old truck)

- Does not leak oil

- Does not leak any fluids

- 15" Wheels/Tires

- I have driven this little truck from San Jose to San Francisco on 101 and through city stop and go traffic to make furniture pick ups, then driven it from San Jose to Santa Cruz over twisty turns highway 17 to drop off a recliner or two, and never had any issues.

THE BAD

- About the only thing I can think of is that the front brakes needs slight adjusting. Those that have driven it have said it's not that bad but I just want to point it out now rather than it being brought up as a negative later.

EXTRAS AND/OR UPGRADES

- Dogleg Z 5 speed transmission swapped in for easy freeway cruising

- Upgraded Electronic Distributor

- Brand new battery

- Newer Ignition Coil from a 280ZX

- Weber Carb

- K&N Filter (fresh recharge on it)

- Seats from a 1999 Honda Civic

- Cab floors sanded to remove surface rust and rubber coated

- Cab redone in black carpeting

- Bed and bed rails sanded to remove surface rust and added bedliner

- No cancer rust anywhere!!!

- Grant GT steering wheel

- 15" Toyota wheels/tires (no spacers/adapters needed to run these)

- Carpeted dash

- Amber fog lights for that Euro look!

RARE ITEMS

- Rear sliding window

- Rear Bumperettes (getting more rare to find, most old Datsun trucks you see have a real ugly rather large one piece diamond plate rear bumper)

MAINTENANCE WITHIN 50 MILES AND/OR 1 MONTH

- Tune Up (New Cap/Rotor)

- Spark Plugs

- Spark Plug Wires

Sunnyvale CA 94086

PRICE

$2000

OK that's enough describing; here are the pictures and a few youtube videos

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB3DA3bwH8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIgv6g1_RuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uwMRZTwkUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx0RBrjVLHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwi5kMSWAR0

dscn2540sm9.jpg

dscn2541om3.jpg

dscn2542gs1.jpg

dscn2543br3.jpg

dscn2408if0.jpg

dscn2379ex5.jpg

dscn2391tm1.jpg

dscn2395gy2.jpg

dscn2390ux6.jpg

dscn2391du5.jpg

dscn2392po0.jpg

dscn2378uv7.jpg

dscn2383yl2.jpg

dscn2382cj2.jpg

dscn2380lc9.jpg

dscn2381dh9.jpg

dscn2385no7.jpg

dscn1171sw5.jpg

dscn1173wc0.jpg

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It's been sold! I got some decent offers pretty quick on it but I held out and sold it just a half hour ago for my full asking $2000 price. The guy came from about 100 miles away and gave me a $500 non-refundable deposit. He'll be picking it up tonight. I think I'll be a little sad to see it drive away from me but now I can work on my 510 some more! :)

I understand not wanting to see it go but glad you got what you wanted for it. Make sure it does'nt go to Florida ;););)

I know you know the feeling...I just finished watching her drive off and it was kind of sad. I've had it for so long and put a lot of time/effort on it that it was weird to watch all my blood/sweat/time drive off into the night.

I'd like to give a big thanks to you Mark (Pac Coast), Hector (non-ratsun friend), and Clayton (69FJwagon) for lending a helping hand when I (my rig) needed it.

The guy who bought it (Carl) is a welder by trade so he has plans to shorten up the steering shaft since there's not a whole lot of room for us bigger guys thanks to the extra bolstering the 1999 Civic seats provide. He's been into muscle cars but is new to Datsuns and he asked about the difficulty in getting parts, so I told him about this site...hopefully he'll be joining it in the future.

Yeah I'm sure it won't be going to Florida! Hahahahahahahha!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.