New Build Project !!!!

ledzep30513

I'm somewhat new to this group, only posted a few times. I traded for this 1979 620 std cab truck back in Sept 2012. I want to put it back to better than new condition. well, improved a little bit I guess. It has been worked on by the same guy for over 10 years and he has already changed quite a bit from the factory. It's L20b has already been bored .040" over, a new Weber 32/36 was installed, a NISMO cam was installed (260 duration, 420 lift) with a cam wash system added too. I'm told it has a performance clutch/pressure plate and flywheel. He said it now has 280Z front calipers installed for better braking. 2" exhaust from the manifold back. the factory fan has been removed and an electric installed with a toggle switch on the dash lower edge. It actually doesn't run hot with the fan off, we'll see what summer in NGA brings. Here are a few photos before I started improving it:

DSC01217_zps30a33031.jpg

DSC01218_zps9d94e4cc.jpg

DSC01219_zpsc6ccde5d.jpg

DSC01220_zps88984fa2.jpg

DSC01221_zps7f199d7a.jpg

DSC01222_zpsb2eeaecd.jpg

DSC01225_zps9e2bc934.jpg

DSC01226_zps6d92cb59.jpg

DSC01227_zpscff20b00.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks to Kirden for the helpful link to adding photos to postings!!

I have not replaced the brake lines and I think they are still original. I have put a pair of used door sill plates, and installed an original Datsun 620 tacometer in the dash. I have also replace the idler arm and all 4 of the tie rod ends, tires were balanced and wheel bearings tightened up, then had the front end aligned.

Anyone happen to know what years models were offered the factory tach? My '79 owners amnual only mentions a clock, but the wiring harness was already there for my install.

Can anyone tell me if the camber can be adjusted by adding or removing shims from the upper assembly? or is it not adjusted in that way?

Looking for 4 straight OEM rims or rims from a 521 series as I have 4 steel OEM hub caps and I think I have 4 OEM aluminum hub caps. Most of my future work on this truck will happen after April 15th. Can you tell what I do for a living?

I noticed something in the photos that also has been corrected. The Briggs & Stratton power plant has been replaced with the Nissan monster L20B!! and the replacement oil cap has been replaced with an OEM cap. That battery has since died and replaced with a size up, 24 group,  I believe too.