Technical Issue, Surging at steady speeds

az_rat210

Hi all,

My B210 is surging when holding at steady speeds.  I am not feeling any effect during acceleration that I can tell.  I am wondering if the flywheel may need resurfaced  or not.  I have plugged off all the vacuum lines, adjusted the valved replaced the plugs, adjusted the carb (weber 32/36).  Over the past year or so the car would surge when in low gear, 1st and 2nd (if that information helps).  Timing is set at 12 BTDC, the Vacuum advance on the Distributor is new. Any ideas would be helpful.

Ugh, forgot to change the fuel filter but it has been changed within the last 4 months.  The surging really started to get noticeable within the last 2 weeks, when at steady speed on the Interstate.

The surging is more noticeable when warm than when the car is cold.

Let me know if you need more information, thats all I can think of at this point.  It's an A15, Weber 32/36 DGEV, FS5W60A, 3.9 Differential, Electronic Ignition, Weber is 2 years old.  The problem does not feel like a misfire or fuel problem.  Running a centerforce clutch, throwout bearing with about 10K miles on it.

I have bled and adjusted the hydraulic clutch, the master/slave cylinders are about 2 years old.

Thanks in advance,

James

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't have anything to do with the flywheel surface unless you are slipping the clutch during this steady speed. A lightened flywheel will make the car surge at very low speeds (say under 20 mph).

Surging at higher speeds is generally caused by lean air-fuel mixture. Sound like you need to tune that Weber.