need help ID distributor

racerx

checked coil that was lying around.  I think it came off my 75 celica I had. Reading is 2.1 ohms (primary) and about 6.8 K ohms secondary.  Then checked ohms reading on the ballast resistor on Datsun and it reads about 2 ohms. So I think I'm good to go should to go with these, in case I do buy the hot sparks distributor. Now I have to install the other distributor off the car and put the petronix to see if this works. I did see the parts inside moving (dist.) by installing the vacuum hose while the car idled and moved the throttle.  We'll see what happens..will let you guys know.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got the car running okay now.  The vacuum advance was bad and took the vacuum advance (diaprham) from the dist. that was lying around and lo and behold the spring in the dist. moved when I pum some vacuum.  So I dont need to get  a new dist. and no new coil.  Thanks for all of help.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the tech. assistance and patients. Eventhough I did not need a new dist., I was able to make sense of what I needed to do to get the car running okay.  Hainz (Banzai), GGadzilla, Wayno..everyone one else that help a big thanks. Nothing feels better than having your 510 running right. This car has been my daily driver for like 10 yrs. or so and once in awhile sometin comes up and don't have a clue and this Forum has always and never failed to help me get my car running.

• Like 1