ball joint questions

hardslammed

hey all.... so i have spent some time collecting all new bushings tire rod assemblies idler arm center link caliper brackets, kingpin BS etc. for my little guy but now i see these CA's from beebani to use ball joint suspension from HB/720.

now i'm wanting these control arms and run all the HB/720 stuff bag it and get rid of torsion bars and tension rods. is there anything i keep out of the 521 parts stash or do i sell it and start from scratch? i know i don't need the caliper brackets or kingpin specific stuff anymore but was wondering if i need any of that stuff before i pull the trigger.

so if any of you guys need anything i don't need let me know, i prolly have it.

but back to the BJ swap... i'm assuming i'd basically go get everything from a HB or 720 hub to hub? i searched for this and found some info but i didn't see anyone post up anything about problems they ran into or anything so i wanted to confirm.

also these coilovers i see you guys running, how low do they go? i have everything for a bag set up [which isn't shit really] but was a little curious if i can get some pics of these trucks on coils spun all the way down....

i don't have any new pics otherwise i'd post em up, i took a little hiatus from the truck [been busy tinkering with stupid European cars] and it looks the same as before :yawn:

thanks guys i need to get this guy on the road this year :thumbup:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my truck is on coil overs in the front now with the torsions pulled.I can crank it down more but i am going to 400# springs,the 350's are to soft and bottom out but the ride i will say is so much better well worth it.As for the ball joint control arms i think oldskoolvw's bought them and you can get with him on this i did not hear anything bad about them,but correct me if im wrong if you are going to go airbags,why not just make full on custom control arms with whatever you want let alone maybe convert to Toyota 5 lug which would be a benefit over wheel choices to.If you don't have any body to do it hit up Sik Fabrications in corona his name Kevin and he is cheap and good they do really off the wall stuff and normal to.

Yeah that's an option.... I'm not cutting it up to lay out like a typical bagged truck tho. I'm just bolting in bags and as long as it tucks tire on my 15's aired out, that's the look I'm after. I thought using bee's stuff modded to fit a bag with oem hb shit it'd be nice and easy. Didn't want much custom stuff. Thanks for the input tho man, that might be a better option I didn't consider before.

Tanker. Question for you sir. What did you use up front for coilovers? I wanna grt rid of tortions just to go moar low. I heard QA1 hotrod style stuff work. But wouldnt know what vehicle that would bolt up to ours with the right weight.

Yes QA1's are great i don't know if you saw my thread but i am using QA1's and there great but i don't care what any one says and i always throw my weight in the mix but dont get the 350's go with the 400# springs,it will handle better and not bottom out,Beebani makes brackets which you can make yourself but they are worth it to me,like i said it rides better way better but i bottom out so 350's to 400's and i'm good.And i have plans for the 350# springs already.hint hint.

I see ok if you dont mind sharing part #

I saw yourthread love the truck simply love your engine bay sucks i cant do that due to my future swap. Enough of that.

I see the spring is by ground control.

I like them alot best ride on all my cars ive ever owned.

So shock # and spring part # ill get the parts from bee too. I just want more lower not slammed. Sucks that going to sell the parts after the swap due to huge increment on weight up front.