WTB -- 510 low back bucket seats

My son's '72 510 4-door has some highback ZX seats, and at a recent Datsun gathering he noticed another 4-door with lowback bucket seats. He likes the idea of more openness and visibility in the interior, so just wondering if anyone has a pair, any condition, that they can part with for a fair price. We'll be re-covering in a matching flat black vinyl, so not looking for any high priced original condition unblemished show car seats. Thanks for reading--Mike in San Diego

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only USA-spec low back (no headrest) seat was the 1968 model. The 68's are kinda coveted, cuz they are a first year car, with some 68 only differences.......like the seats. The 4dr & Wagon seats would be the same, and I think the 2dr would "flip forward" for access to the back seat.

If you are just gonna re-upholster anyway, why not find a late model seat that he likes, pull the headrests out, and have the upholstry shop just cover up the headrest post holes? I installed a set of 1990-1993 Integra seats, easy to find in the PullnPay yards, good lookin' seat, simple mods to install (no welding), and were quite comfortable. Plus they flip forward and recline!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.