RCStealth

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what's next:

1. I'll be taking the bed off soon

2. Hooking up the power wires on the dash to see if I put the LED bulbs in the right places

3. Getting the shocks and springs for the rear to start mocking up the 4-link

4. Putting the rear wheels and new tires on when I have enough money

Bee completely change his design. I dig the round bar 4 link. Mines square bar. Of course, it is the first one ever. ;) Looking good man. Excited to see more progress.

Didn't realize that the original was square...pretty cool you have the first one.  I'm diggin the round design too, looks pretty wicked even though I haven't even mocked it up yet.

The "vision in my head" of driving my 620 to shows sometime in the future excites me as well.  My timetable will most likely take longer than I would like it to, but that's the way these things go.  I just have to roll up my sleeves and get to work.

I'm most likely gonna put it together without the turbo and run like that for a while to break it in.  Not my first option, but it will give me a chance to actually drive it and save up the needed money to do the turbo setup how it should be.  Still have a ton of body work to do.  Not really looking forward to that part, so I'm taking my time and trying to have fun along the way.

• 5 months later...

I know it has been a long time since my last update, but I have made some good progress and will be taking some pictures tomorrow to document the steps that I've taken since April.

I'm mocking up the 4-link right now and am waiting for a piece to be made before I really charge full steam ahead.  The piece should be done sometime next week and then I'm good to start rebuilding.

Wire brushed the frame and used rust remover to get the frame a little better.  Then put some primer and paint over the spots that had been prepped.  I'm thinking that I will do a rhino-liner type of deal on the frame and then paint it this green because I like the way the color and texture look together.

IMG_1333_zps9f7d4ffa.jpg 

The thought process going on right now is:

1. Body drop the cab by ~3"

2. New rims for the rear because the ones I have aren't the right offset (Need some 16x10's with positive offset and some extra backspacing to move the rim in towards the brake drums)

3. Rhino line the frame and paint green

4. Front coilover setup

5. Old kegs for the gas tank and water resevoir (air/water intercooler)

6. Timber tech bed and cab floor

7. Side pipes (One for the exhaust and another for the external dump tube)

8. Cut the tailgate to mini sized and clearcoat it then do a huge rising sun and put some more clearcoat on it

9. Grill on one side of the bed and old 7-UP cooler on the other side

The idea is to have a kickass tailgating 1/8 mile truck (Yeah I know it's just an 1/8, but it's all we've got close by).  Take it out run a 6.80 in the 1/8 and then come back to flip burgers off the tailgate.

Any thoughts on these or anything else?  Right now I'm just about to start the rebuild phase and any input would be appreciated.  Me and my buddies are trying to come up with some cool ideas to make this thing as functional but as stylish as possible.  Exciting times!

Here's the bracket I got from the machine shop.  It's upright now, but it will be horizontal so that the watts link will be able to clear.  The radius isn't quite straight, but it should be easy to bend it to where I need it, tack it in and then gusset it up.

IMG_1336_zps06d671d4.jpg

• 7 months later...

Been a long time since I've posted, but here goes:

I'm considering getting rid of the 620, but want to put the motor in another Datsun.  I want to save up to buy a vehicle that is in really good condition and would be easier/less work to swap in the KA24.

Anyone have any ideas for Datsun models that would be good KA24 swap candidates?  510?  Better condition 620?  1600 Roadster?  A Z car?  Shoot some stuff by me - just looking for a better option.

Thanks!

Been a long time since I've posted, but here goes:

I'm considering getting rid of the 620, but want to put the motor in another Datsun.  I want to save up to buy a vehicle that is in really good condition and would be easier/less work to swap in the KA24.

Anyone have any ideas for Datsun models that would be good KA24 swap candidates?  510?  Better condition 620?  1600 Roadster?  A Z car?  Shoot some stuff by me - just looking for a better option.

Thanks!

240sx, D21...

240sx, D21...

Those would be extremely easy, but I'm looking to do an older Datsun that would be fairly straight forward.  Thanks for the input.

BTW all opinions are welcomed...if you think what I want to do is dumb or I'm thinking about it the wrong way then let me know.

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been too long for me having the motor so I'm selling it and cutting this project loose.  I've got a '94 AWD Talon and '85 Land Rover 90 that need money.  I put the motor in the classified section, so take a look if you're interested.