Another 'will my tires fit' question

Sorry-searched for the answer but can't find it.

1970 510 4dr sedan

Planning on the Techno front 280 C/O, Techno rear C/O

SSR Longchamp wheels 15 x 6.5 with 20 offset (4.5" backspace)

Hoping to run Yoko S drive 205/50R15 tires

Fenders are currently NOT rolled. I am aware I may need a spacer for this set up but I want to be sure that the 205's will work.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesn't somebody just come out with a table.

For a stock 510, these tires fit: 155 wide to 205 wide. Wider ones require modification to body (like rolled fender), flares or just let the tires rub occasionally.

Stock means stock wheels in this case.

You said 6.5 wide and +20... that should be easy to clear.

By "stock" I mean stock suspension and bodywork -- we are talking about changing the wheels and tires.

Yes, 6.5 +20 wheels will fit no problems. But what about those wide tires?

205s, if you want it to fit without rubbing under all conditions, might need a +30 wheel (stock 510 offset). Most guys like less offset like +10 down to 0 so it's flush with body side (for looks) and don't mind the ocassional tire rubbing.

These figures might be wrong. But always ask them how much the tires rub when guys say this or that will fit. And then they forget to tell you they have a suspension swap in their car so it doesn't fit like yours.

I'm using +0 on my Datsun. And yes they do rub occasionally even though the fenders are rolled. There are cuts in my tires. But it looks great. Rubbing largely depends on the size of the tires installed on the wheels. I could go for more stretch to reduce the rubbing, but then I'd have really narrow tires. Depends on what you want.

FYI they are ZX coil overs, not Z. And did you buy the $800 ones?

205s will fit under the front of a 510 with the proper offset rim.

+20 is gonna be kinda close to the strut tube. And then factor in 205mm is wider than 6.5

You may need to run a spacer, but shouldnt be more than 5mm.

Techno suggested +13 (+20 rim with 7 mm spacer)

Laecon suggested +15 (+20 rim with 5 mm spacer)

ggzilla suggested +30

Let us know how it works out. I'm guessing the 13-15 is to get it flush to the body, while my estimate was to get it inside the fender (no rubbing with zero fender mods).

With small diameter coilovers you should have lots of space next to the spring. Do the tecno struts increase or decrease the track?