TORE my motor apart

ah well it was wonderful day out so i wanted too rip apart the motor and look.... ah well i took the head off and well..... ahhhhh!!!!!! well the cam is lil rustd not too bad .... its cleanable...... the valves are shot too shit no good :(

NEXT the funnie thing was well just two of the pistons where not stuck there was one that was just stuck good but.... i got it done well i have everything down too the block..... i do need 4 new or used pistons..... a clutch plate is shot tooo blah..... so i got some work head of me......

ill try and take some pics when i get a chance too in next few days......

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think the valves are shot?From the pics they just look a bit rusty and carboned up. Also those pistons look like they might be flat tops with a divit for the valves. Have them inspected before you go swapping things out. You just might have some nice shit there. If the block is straight and you can easily hone out any major wear than I would re ring those flattops.

ah well thats wat i saw today that is lol.... well yea anyways that could be true about the valves well the pickup was sitting for along time tho...... are the pistons suppose to have dents in them or they all suppose too be flat ...... the blocks looks good.... the sleeves arnt bad either.....well i found the # on the block.....

the right side of the block said 16 780104

the left side said 13 k2 M2 3727

Look just below the rear spark plug, ON THE BLOCK, just below the head. It should say L16 or L18.

Look just below the front spark plug, ON THE HEAD, just above the block. It should say A-87 or W-53 or maybe 210.