92 GMC K2500

Alright well I wouldn't be posting this up unless I had to. Well I've got a gmc 2500 I've been working on for a while and I just got the rebuilt tranny installed in it. Its got a 4l60. All wires are plugged in and everything is bolted down. The problem I'm having is the truck won't turn over at all, turn the key and I get nothing, starter doesn't turn or anything. The car also has this small red light by the dash and headlight switched that keeps blinking and used to simply stay on before. there's this small box below the dash that keeps ticking. Really need to get this thing going, the starter doesn't crank the motor at all when I turn the key. The engine is a 5.7 liter voretec 350, has a rebuilt top end. Any help would be appreciated. I realize ratsun isn't exactly the best place to post something like this but my hands are tied.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Already tried jumping it yesterday I'll try and clean up the posts. Yeah it's just that I never had the problems before, after I installed the new tranny It wouldnt start. So either something is up with the plugs on the tranny, something's up with the battery connectors, or something is wrong with the relay. Guess I'll take a screwdriver to the starter if all else fails. Also there is 1 hose coming from the transfer case that appears to go somewhere but I can't seem to find anywhere, it has a plastic fitting at the and that has clearly melted from laying against the exhaust probably after it broke, wondering where the hose I supposed to go is the thing.

okay so it was some sort of security system, anyway, it fired right up after I got the thing disconnected. So now it won't go into gear, I'm thinking its the torque converter, its brand new but when I bolted it up to the flywheel I think its may of pulled itself off for some reason. Taking it to the mechanics who rebuilt the tranny tomorrow, hopefully they can figure out the problem.