Propane Datsun?

cxune

Ya'll will think I'm crazy, and I'm not saying I'm not, but...

I noticed clicking around that A14s similar to the one in my 210 are also used in forklifts.. some of them propane powered. I did a search but didn't come up with anything- has anybody ever converted their datto to run on the nice smelling gas? I'm thinking it would be neat if you could hook up standard 40 or 20 lb tanks.. wonder how that would work out cost-wise?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks- interesting.. so even at the 15 mpg one of those guys was getting... versus an optimistic 30 mpg on petrol... let's see..

petrol -> $3.00/gallon at 30 mpg = 10 cents/mile

propane -> $0.94/gallon at 15 mpg = 6 cents/mile

http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=propane

Or less, optimistically...

petrol -> $3.75/gallon at 25 mpg = 15 cents/mile

I dig the dual setups... now to try to find a parts source.. if the parts are too expensive it would take a while to recover the savings at 5-10 cents/mile..

I would use cng long before lpg. Its a higher octane and a better mpg. Plus with a fuel maker you can refill at home.

The parts source is ebay. I picked up a whole set up a while ago for a couple hundred bucks. You can also buy a totaled out gov or converted car and just steal everything.

Sign up to eccomodder if you havent there are tons of datsuns or w/e running every kind of gas lol

• Like 1