WTB: 510 Gas Tank Filler Neck

Looking for a filler neck for a Datsun 510. I need the piece the gas cap screws onto as well. I'm not sure if the 68/69s are different... I have a '70 510 if that matters.

I prefer local deals but if you're willing to ship we may be able to work something out. PM me or post here if you're interested in selling one. Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea - Make that 2!...Mine has been rebuilt with liquid gasket (2x now)....hard...to...find. Almost makes a case for a fuel cell... B)

Relocated my filler to inside the trunk and rotated it upward to help with cracking, damage, and spillage.

Kinda tried trollin for a conversion solution... anyone have advice or a write up I missed?

I can't seem to find any for sale... found one on CL for $20 but the guy won't call back :( I think we're going to try and fix this ourselves tomorrow. My only issue is where the gas cap goes.. it's not a perfect fit and gas spills when I turn left lol. Thinking about welding onto it to add some material, and use a grinder to smooth it out. Probably would work better than it does right now. I do plan on getting a fuel cell eventually (stock tank is too small for e85 imo) but not any time soon...

I suppose you have seen the DQ write-up, but here is the link if you need it:

http://dimequarterly...iller-neck.html

I've done a sleazy version of this idea in my '72 510, using (I think) a metal filler tube from a 620 truck. It is long enough to go from the opening in the rear fender inside the gas door to within a few inches of the neck on the tank. Then I used a few inches of the good quality fuel hose from NAPA to connect the two. The real problem is the flange at the top of the 620 tube isn't the correct angle to bolt flat inside the 510 opening. So I need to cut it loose and reposition as in the DQ article, or make a wedge shaped spacer to fill between the flange and the inner fender of the 510. I can take a pic of what I did if none of this makes sense. Like I said, it is kinda sleazo/temporary.

This company was selling 510 fuel hoses, but they are listed as NLA:

http://www.new-datsu...-exterior1.html

I don't know if they ever restock on this sort of thing. I remember it was $98 or close to that for the one I needed.

Len

• 3 weeks later...

Len -

I totally forgot to look in DQ for a solution, and that would have been the best place to start! Glad at least one of us is thinking. Now off to find a 240sx neck in a junkyard! Along with some 280zx struts, and other hopeful bits...

Made a couple 304 stainless neck for friends. You have to cut the small lip off the inside where the original rubber sits and run bolts all the way through.2420CFB8-21B2-43F7-97EE-6A39DF19EAA1-28895-0000159490AEDD69.jpg

How did you make that or where did you get that ? could you please tell me ? i need one asap for my 510

Sorry I wish I got notifications I don't check this everyday. I bought 304 2" schedule 40 if I remember correctly. You can buy the prebent 90's and then cut to fit and weld together. The flange I made from a piece of 10 gauge 304. I might beinterested in making some to sell. If there is enough of a market.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.