starting issues, ignition relay???

hi, i have an 85 nissan 720. recently ive hade troubles starting it. i turn the key, but it doesnt crank, all my dummy lights turn on and the front relay (above my fuse block) clicks. when this started, id slam my door a couple times.. and boom it worked no problem (weird). i replaced the relay and it worked for about 2 days w/out any problem, then same problem so i replaced it again and still nothing. itll work randomly but wont fire now either. i was just push starting it but now even that wont work. PLEASE HELP!!! IN DESPERATE NEED OF AN ANSWER!!!!!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this happen to my 521 I dont know if related to tyours proplem.

the wire in the starter selinoid felt fine but wasnt making a good contack.

I got a wire put it on the + battery then put the other end right on the starter selinod. if it cranks good then its just a loose connecter that maybe needs to get sqeezed with a pliers. Or a key switch that is dropping to much voltage.

I put the key to on and use the wire MY TRUCK would then run. I fixed but putting pliers on the connctor

if you put the 12volt wire from battery on the selioniod and nothing happens DONT TURNOVER I say swap the starter.

But on just rpuble shooting form the chain here and I am not a 720 expert.

Im just going by NOT CRANKING!!!!!!!!!!!