For your viewing pleasure: Like new 1972 Datsun 510

Nice!

Ernie

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/3320146637.html

Datsun 510 Sedan - $9200 (pacifica)

Date: 2012-10-06, 6:45AM PDT

Reply to this post wkhxx-3320146637@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Have you ever wished that you could by an as new original Datsun 510?

Link;http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x396/strelnikoff1/Felina/

Well, here is as close to a new 510 as you are likely to find - enter so named Felina, an original 40 year old rust free example of a 1972 Datsun 510 sedan. Firstly, probably one of the most remarkable things about the car is her mileage. As of this afternoon, she has driven just 58,273 miles. She is original in every way and has never been molested, tampered with, or abused in any fashion, truly mint +. The car has never been smoked in, and it appears the only seat to get much use is the driver's. It has been garaged most its life thru 3 owners (with myself and the 2nd owner encompassing possibly 5% of its life). Literally an older lady car purchased brand new. The car was sold only because the owner was to old to drive and the car was no longer being used. Apparently she never drove the car on the freeway and barely used the radio. There are a few minor dents and flaws here and there, some overspray on the hood and trunk from some possible light contact, but overall I would say 85% original factory paint. I've decided to leave any and all flaws visible and untouched to try and capture and withhold all valuable natural patina.

I'll try to give an around the car description to try and showcase it's amazing condition. Starting with the front apron the car still has all its original Toshiba headlights, lenses, emblem and the grill is original, clean and straight. The bumper is straight and proper. The overall condition is very tidy and correct w/ hardly any paint chips. The sides of the car present as follows; driver's side is very clean and straight w/ no rust bubbles, minor blemishes. Photos of course will help me here. Passenger side has a minor crease on the rear and another on the front fender. Apparently the original owner brushed up against the right side of her garage, leaving the minor damage. Again, I have left all of this unrepaired as I would rather maintain as much of the original paint/patina as possible.

Note the as original white stripe radial tires and how clean the inner fenders on the car are - no rust bubbles. The interior is a solid 9/10. Natural wear here and there, but extremely mint and lovely in every way. I think that the low miles in addition to being garaged all of it's life have kept the interior almost as clean as the day she left the factory in 1972. Open the driver's door and the original annoying factory buzzer still functions. There are no cracks in the dashboard, retains the original Datsun Hitachi radio, and the optional factory clock still works. The seatbelt lights are still in place and functioning. Original steering wheel intact. The only real flaw is the driver's side seat bolster from normal wear. The door panels are perfect and original via the small pieces of original factory plastic wrapping still evident and intact. They have never been removed from the car since day 1. The headliner is also perfect in every way and is bright white and not damaged around the edges like 99% of the 510's that you see, no rips, tears, stains or blemishes. The dome light even works. The floors are one of the first places to rust out on most 510's. Felina has the cleanest floors that I have ever seen on a 510. There is zero rust on these floors, front and rear. Some staining in the corners is the original factory glue used to hold down the horsehide sound insulation pads. All original factory temperlite Nissan glass still in place and presenting well.

The engine compartment is as tidy as the rest of the car. All number plates correct and attached. No rust, very very clean. The original 1600 motor has been replaced w /a larger 2.0 liter unit by the second owner for simplicity and additional power. Not my choice as far as direction however prudent to the then owner. It is fitted w/a weber carburetor w/attached air cleaner. This is the only detraction from factory stock noted. I do have the original pastel blue air cleaner and can be fitted back to the motor if so inclined and will go w/ the car. A noted plus I believe is the automatic transmission - why? The cars equipped w/ the auto trans were not only rare but came w/ a larger transmission tunnel that will accept Nissans's late model transmissions w/o any modification. Apparently so worked by the second owner.

I will try and post a link for an array of pictures other than the standard Craig's allowance. Yes, I'm asking a pricey sum for Felina, but considering it's provenance and originality I am hesitant on letting her go and am not pressured to sell. I do believe this will take the right buyer and or collector that would rather have a gorgeous patina original rather than spend thousands more restoring to never again original. This car attracts crowds any time on the road and can only be fully appreciated in person. So let me know you collectors out there, here's one for ya..

Mike 650 703-9270

5Ga5H85Mb3E63F43Haca6e4f892a5eeba17d2.jpg

5N65H55P43M23I43F1ca6160e1334495319cc.jpg

5N45Fe5Ha3Ka3F53J5ca693cc6cfd809319dd.jpg

5Id5Lb5F73Gc3J33Hbca601518591dc481807.jpg

5Ga5H85Mb3E63F43Haca6e4f892a5eeba17d2.jpg

5Gd5E75Jb3G23Ic3M7ca6a79cf50657521b4e.jpg

5I95L95J33Ge3N53paca618d9befb502219cd.jpg

5L55O45Ha3Le3M93N8ca62d291c50269118a5.jpg

5Nb5E35Jf3E43Nc3Hcca6a9f1354535a31658.jpg

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3320146637

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

In some respects, the engine swap makes it more desirable to some people. A trans swap can be done for less than $1000. I say too bad it's a 4dr. If it was a 2dr, I'd buy it. I've got more $ wrapped up in three non running cars. The little stuff will nickel and dime you to death. Pun intended. Plus laying down decent paint cost a fortune today. Even for me to do my own prep and paint, I'd spend 3-5K on a typical car that needs some body repairs.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.