Fixing a seat belt

w_datsun_a

Ok, I replaced both seatbelts in my normal cab 620 pickup. I checked the belts in the donor pickup prior to removal and they worked fine; the pulled out fine, retracted fine and when you gave it a quick jerk it stopped you from moving. When I installed them in my truck they both pulloed out fine, retracted fine but only one of them stopped you when you give it a quick jerk. I am a complete novice when it comes to fixing a seat belt so I thought I would ask.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the seatbelt retractors pointing up in the exact same configuration as when they were in the donor vehicle? It is important that the top surface be facing up and the front surface be facing forward (also, make sure left side is installed on left side). I believe there is a pendulum type weight inside the belt retractor that needs to be oriented properly for them to work.

Not sure this will help but its a start.

Edit - here is some more basic info...

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-driving-safety/safety-regulatory-devices/seatbelt3.htm