Shop to tune Mikuni carbs in Sacramento

Dirty Evo

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. if i decide to give it a shot (not much the mechanic) i will post up on here some question and get some info / numbers to you guys to see if you can help. the car runs... but it doesn't run as well as i feel it should ... difficult to start (compared to my other car) and a lot of popping / sputtering... reminds me of when my webers on my 914 were out of whack and once i had them tuned, wow, all the difference in the world.

But car DOES run.. i may give this a shot.. going to read / research a bit and see if i think i can do this.

Was car running fine with the other carb set on?

Im wondering if the distributor was put in worng.

If running fine before thenits not thaat . most like the new sidedrafts.

Mosst times my jet blocks get unscrewed and I scew them back down and everything is fine.

once set mikunis are pretty ez to maintain.

Thanks... not sure.. my brother just bought it (its the furthest one in my little avatar photo). its a rebello built L18, but think its been a few years on the engine and the tune. spent the weekend at the track and compared to my L16 (also rebello build) his is just difficult to start and just seems a little "off" compared to mine. My dad who has experience with carbs and older cars (not so much me or my brother) said it sounded to him like something just needs either adjusting or cleaning with the carbs.....

this weekend i might fiddle with it.. haven't really looked at it since got back from the track.

well unless ou put a timming gun on there we dont know what you have going on. Even if the base is good to begin with.

Alot a Datsun guys might had this car after Rebello buitl the motor and done a head gasket of soemthing and set the cam off a link or dist off or what ever.

Maybe could be a valve lash too tight. ect........

If know know L motors already I assume you ck all this out already