510 Questionable wires and only high beams?

nismoguys14

Someone before me has updated the head lights and the wiring for them. Different relay,circuit breaker,and H4 outer lights. The problem is when I turn the lights all fore come on and the highbeam switch makes no change in the lights.

2012-09-09120837.jpg

2012-09-09120755.jpg

I have some wires in side that are warped together and go inline from the engine bay tach and headlight switch.

Two green/white together one blue/white and two black together and the G/W ones have a tab on the end and the others have what looks like OE bullet connectors.

2012-09-09123954.jpg

Everything works except the wipers and the lowbeams? :confused:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This probably isn't the answer you are looking for, but you should get a multimeter and/or a 12V test light. Start tracing out wires and drawing out how the circuit is connected. There's really no telling what they did to the wiring when they modded it. I have modded stuff years ago that I can't even remember what I did to it. At that point, I usually just rip it out, and re-do it correctly.

Could you take more photos?????????

This could be a simple fix. But having a wire diagram would help also.

That connertor end is that were the old relay would go? I assume if one had a stock relay it might work.

The white wire feeds the fuse box. But there were a couple different fuse boxes.

I see the fuse box top right fuses are missing? Why? maybe the back of fuse box the connections are bad. Broken?

I see the red wel strip wirre that is a lamp wire I bet its hooked up to 12volts. Well it should be I believe.

Key here is take a test lamp or volt meter. Ground one end and go to the outer lamps. On all 3 connections you should have 12volts. If yes then this should be simple to figure out.

On a stock 510 system the Low beam the relay is just a pass thru. the switch inside on dash completes a ground.

When it goes to high beams(turn signal arm pulled back). A ground will trigger the relay to put a double ground inside the realy thus putting it to high beams.

Now I see a connector of soem sort in your photo with the number wire wrap markers on there. What you need to do is find the Normal closed contacks and find the wire that goes to the inside switch where it grounds.I cant see the relay or the contack diagram so best to show this.

then find the Highbeam turn signal arm wire and this will trigger the relay to a double ground for the hight beams.

Really you need to show us all the wires to see if anything is hacked.

if nothing is hacked maybe just find another relay.

Find a wire diagram. this shouldbe a failry EZ fix for a smart guy