Bathurst trx rebuild

J.nube

In the process of rebuilding an 84 trx I inherited from a mate when he passed, it is all done with the red and blue stripes and flares like the George fury race car of the time.. I was told they came from the factory like this?? Anyone know if this is true?? Also just had engine rebuilt l20

N/a, cam specs are 305 lift 4000 duration, running flat tops with 10.2 compres and twin su carbs... My concern is reliabilty... Is this to much comp for the little 4 banger to handle and remain reliable...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cam specs seem a little......????......305 lift 4000 duration

Maybe 305 duration............?

Should be fine as long as you run a higher grade of fuel for the 10.2

If the cam is of a higher duration.....DD<slow traffic might be a bitch

Oh...and of course......Welcome :)

Pics

In the process of rebuilding an 84 trx I inherited from a mate when he passed, it is all done with the red and blue stripes and flares like the George fury race car of the time.. I was told they came from the factory like this?? Anyone know if this is true?? Also just had engine rebuilt l20

N/a, cam specs are 305 lift 4000 duration, running flat tops with 10.2 compres and twin su carbs... My concern is reliabilty... Is this to much comp for the little 4 banger to handle and remain reliable...

Google is your friend champ !

The search query " George Fury TRX" bought up a bucketload of links including this one to whet your appetite.

http://aussiebluebirds.com/index.php?topic=837.0

Happy Googling, you should get all the info you need.

Cheers

P.s. our American friends love their pictures so get snapping :)

It's a Clive cam cam, ticket from clives has..

Running clearance in .010' ex .012'

Lift@lobe: in 305' out 305'

Exhaust opens 72' close 32'

Inlet opens 32' close 72'

If that helps

http://www.rbracing-...m/camshaft.html

284 degrees duration

Lift@lobe .305 x1.48 (rocker ratio) = .4514

Camshaft Calculations - Lobe Center / Duration

YCamshaft Calculations - Lobe Center / Duration

Your clive has an Overlap of 64.00 degrees and has in Intake Duration of 284.00 degrees. The Exhaust Duration is 284.00 degrees. The Inlet Cam has an Installed Centerline of 110.00 degrees ATDC. The exhaust cam has an Installed Centerline of 110.00 degrees BTDC.our clive has an Overlap of 64.00 degrees and has in Intake Duration of 284.00 degrees. The Exhaust Duration is 284.00 degrees. The Inlet Cam has an Installed Centerline of 110.00 degrees ATDC. The exhaust cam has an Installed Centerline of 110.00 degrees BTDC.