License Plate Frame Red Lighted

This is not a Datsun part, but it's for a Datsun.

What I'm looking for is an old school 80's license plate frame that was sold at Kragen and Super Shops back in the days. It lit up red and had a clockwise rotating pattern like a knight rider effect. frame was made of plastic with tinted red lens. I'm fairly sure it was made by Rally. This would be one of the exterior things that my old 78 620 had that I would like to put back on my retro truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a free bump, but I remember those. I always thought they were cool. I had the neon plate frame on my car. I had a torquise blue one on my 1973 MGB roadster. Damn cop stopped me and made me break it, because he said only police can have "blue" lights on a car.

Also, this isn't the O.G. one from back in the day, but it's close, so here's a link :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Universal-Red-Color-LED-Lighted-Car-License-Plate-Frame-Acrylic-Frame-/221104401256?hash=item337ad96b68&item=221104401256&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

The link in Dirttrack510's post: I spoke to the seller, he says there are three wires that hook to this frame. Ground and one of them make it light up solid, Ground and the other wire makes it spin in a circle like what I mentioned above, but counter clockwise. So I bought one to try out for the hell of it. Will post vid after I get it and let you know what I think... I also bought another one thats multi-color in order to modify and make all red like the original, but that was a few hours after this original topic start. Will also vid and post thoughts...

• 1 month later...

Which is why this and the purple headlights on my 620 are on the same switch. I love coming up behind someone in a dark parking lot with just the purple headlights on. Once I hit public streets, they go off...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.