521 Right hand drive conversion

alramone

hey.

i'm looking at getting a LHD 521 in the UK and i will want to convert it to RHD.

has anyone on here converted one? either right to left or left to right?

done a few searchs and saw mention that the parts could just be swaped over but i'm looking for more difinative answers.

any pictures of the dash, pedal box, steering box or coloum would help too as i've not yet got the truck.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

conversion is a costly hard job, we converted many datsun k 's RHD to LHD , as well as the diffeculty, it is dangerous on high speed

try from Thailand or Ausralia.

( personal opinion ) good luck

not true, converting a 521 is easy, the dash is symmetrical so you can swap the gauges and glove box, the steering box is a lil difficult to do but if you find one you can make fit then all you have to do is the pedals. on a datsun its not that expensive and wont be dangerous at speed, wouldnt that make all rhd vehicles dangerous?.....

• Like 1

The firewall is even stamped somewhat symmetrically, if you look at it it has the stamping put into it for the steering column. I don't see how it would be dangerous for this guy, considering he is driving on the correct side for the rhd. Even if he was driving on the incorrect side for rhd, I still don't see how its dangerous to drive. You just need to drive smart, like you should be in the first place. I converted my 521 but no factory parts were used, I'm not much help for you.

thanks for the replys.

thats good to hear about the firewall being symmetricalish. i've seen someone converting a 620 left to right and having to use the correct firewall. (very nice job they did too)

i'm gonna look at b210 steering box, possibly some others too once it's landed in the UK.

the pedal box will be the issue i think. guess i'll have to wait till i can get my hands on it.

i'll post up when i figure it out.

cheers