how do you put a coupe grille into a sedan?

squatches

ok i bougt a 1200 coupe grille the other day and i wanted to put it in my sedan. But i noticed the the mounting screw location for the sedan wouldnt work for the coupe grille, so is there a certain bracket that i need or does it screw into the core suport? pics would be nice if someone has them.

thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The core supports are different, so it does not bolt on without some fabrication (create some little L-shaped brackets). See my photos and writeup at Datsun1200.com. But there is no how-to for it yet. I've done the opposite and there are photos for that. There are photos & measurements of the different types. You can measure the coupe mounting points are report back here (or just add them to the writeup).

Stainless Grille versus Plastic Grille

24814.jpg

Should be pretty easy to do. Just bend little aluminum strips, drill two holes in each, bolt these little pieces to the sheet metal. Even easier, use plumbers tape, just cut little strips and bend into L-shape. The tape already has holes in it. I used plumbers tape to put a sedan grille in a coupe.

Coupe grille mounts

19571.jpg