Datsun 510 L series auto tranny

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the BW-35s are all on the left side and the JATCO on the right but you should also go by the looks. The 3N71B was used on all auto Datsuns till '86.5 and very common.

trivia: All B/W 35s were column shift. The 3N71B was intrduced abour April of '71 in the 510 but the column shift was continued through the '71 model year till June. All '72 510s and on will be floor shift, but for two months there were 3N71Bs made with column shift... somewhat rare.

Yeah... he PMd me about it when he saw that I kept asking about '71 model year auto 510s. His wagon is a 71 with an auto and said that he was looking for a specific part at a shop and the transmission guy notified him it was a JATCO. Said that if I dont make my own spacers for my L20 before he does his swap in Fall then I can have the shifter assembly and transmission. :D

Cool....... can you take pictures of the parts? The column shift must have specific linkages that go over to the right side to work the JATCO shifter. I have diagrams of it but not specifically how it is mounted.

What month was Draynor's 510 made?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.