Gauges!

ProjectFeint

Alright so I would like some feedback before i jump into this.

Been thinking about setting up a gauge/switch panel on my 610 center console here's what i had in mind

Toggle or button switches? Any thoughts / opinions?

P1000286.jpg

Here is how it looks now, I never put anything in here because it always falls out while driving, does anyone know if there is supposed to be some kind of hinged cover here? it seems like its missing something :confused:

P1000283.jpg

Oh and if you have any oics of your gauges, post them! B) Thanks

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a pic the PO sent me when I was considering buying my wagon. The gauges where the stock radio goes are still there.. thought I had a better pic, but I'll have to take one in the light. The area that you are thinking of putting gauges in was used to house the CD player.

datsun005.jpg

I left the gauges in that location, just because it's a very functional spot for them to be. I'm still looking for a console like that one to replace the one that was pilfered by a crooked thief, and when I find one, I'll stick the stereo in the spot it was in before. A very good idea by a few owners prior to the piece of work I bought it from.

If you do decide to go through with putting your gauges in that lower spot, be warned; it will be very distracting, and possibly a dangerous place for them to be, as you will have to completely take your eyes off the road, and even reposition yourself to see them, and even at that, you'll have a not-very-good angle to check them out at, which will take even longer for you to focus and get a semi accurate reading on them. It'll be like trying to count hangnails on your shifter hand every time you want to see what's going on, steering wheel may be in the way, etc..