where to get a replacement fan!!!!!!!

joser09

i just got a wrecked datsun 510 2 weeks ago. thus far ive finished welding and replacing the complete front end. motor runs great but i need a fan. im running a champion aluminum 3 row radiator on it. does anyone know where i can get a replacement new or used? any suggestions as my internet searches have not gotten me anywhere. im also open to using an electric if anyone can recomend anything. ive been to all the local shops small and large but still come up empty handed.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'70-'72 521 and '72-'73 620 trucks had them too.

Electric fans are great also as they are only on when needed... which is mostly at traffic stops or prolonged idling or when the motor is still cold. If driving over 25MPH there is enough air forced through the rad from vehicle motion to cool the motor without any fan. You should uses relays and a thermal switch or the electric fans will run all the time and if that is so, why even bother to change them?

i just got a wrecked datsun 510 2 weeks ago. thus far ive finished welding and replacing the complete front end. motor runs great but i need a fan. im running a champion aluminum 3 row radiator on it. does anyone know where i can get a replacement new or used? any suggestions as my internet searches have not gotten me anywhere. im also open to using an electric if anyone can recomend anything. ive been to all the local shops small and large but still come up empty handed.

Did you have a clutch fan on it? Or is it a non-clutch setup? You can put a flex fan on it intended for a VW. I have one on my L20B, it fits in the shroud, and works great. It's a Derale, so it won't be falling apart. I also have used a clutch fan on my L20B, but I swapped to the old style water pump with NO clutch and now have no use for the actual fan that attaches to the clutch. It's in great shape, laying around waiting for a new home. Either way works..