WTT: My gold (seriously) for your Ermish or T3 PL510 Suspension

Heck, might as well see. I have a 1oz gold Krugerrand and I want an Ermish or T3 coilover set up for my sad, tall little PL510. icon_cry.gif

I have a perfect 1oz Krugerrand I could certainly sell and buy this stuff, but who knows, maybe there are some gold hoarders on this board or coin lovers who want to swap.

Anyone? Maybe I should call Troy, he could use it as balast.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you legally own gold coins in the States. The Krugerrands used to be illegal at one time I think. Cool all the same.

"It is not still illegal.

"The limitation on private gold ownership in the U.S. was repealed by an act of Congress codified in Public Law 93-373 [1][2] which went into effect December 31, 1974.

P.L. 93-373 does not repeal the Gold Clause Resolution of 1933 which

makes unlawful any contracts which specify payment in a fixed amount of

money or a fixed amount of gold. That is, contracts are unenforceable which use gold monetarily rather than as a commodity of trade."*

So the statement in the article by Henry Mark Holzer that "No other court of comparable jurisdiction has ruled otherwise on the validity of the criminal sanctions against Americans who own gold." may be true, but it is irrelevant, since the Congress passed a law to make it legal and thus no court has had to rule on the matter.

*http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Executive-Order-6102"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.