Need some help with a V8 swap

Smyrna720

Well, if you've followed my saga of my truck congrats, you know where this is going. If not, check out Newish 720 owner in the 720 section and help my truck was taken in the general section.

Long story short, my truck has a spun rod bearing and is in need of new motivation. I think I have just the ticket.

enginemsd.jpg

It's a leaned on 350 LT1. Leaned on like 12-1 compression, 224/230 .536 .544 lift cam, Max ported AL F-body heads ect.

Then there are things that make it more desirable to be used in this pickup. Like no rear mount distributor, super low intake manifold that wouldn't make me put a hood scoop on it.... reverse flow cooling path, cam driven water pump, thereby making over all length shorter. In this configuration, through a T56 I would be disappointed if it didn't put at least 420-430hp to the wheels

It's all coming out of a 1996 Caprice 9C1 that is going to give me all the parts that I need while waiting to become the chassis for my 1969 impala.

I need PICTURES folks. How it's done, when it's been done, and by who.I need pics chevys, fords, and God forbid a mopar

I need for what finished products look like..... And how did you get to where you are?

I need detailed build plans, transmission ideas and the such. I'm looking to get the most for the fastest at the cheapest

All in all, I have my plans laid, I'm just trying to see what everyone else has been doing.

Anybody up for a challenge?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i read the whole thing on the getting your truck taken and getting it back. congrats. i would have fought tooth and nail for my truck. makes me want to hurry and get that title transfered. oh wait..just got a ticket telling me to do that. along with a speed racing ticket. (in a datsun lolol). Good luck with this. I love the LT1 engines. i had a 94 Z28 that was cammed/tuned etc. It was a BEAST. I cant wait to see it when its done

• Like 1