parts questions on a 74 620

Eagle_Adam

i redoing the breaks all the way around on my truck. Im in the middle of ordering parts and i have a few questions;

Its a 1974 620 with drums on all 4 corners, im intending these breaks to last me until i can start the process of buying/installing disc breaks.

Q 1. i see there is a difference between right and left Wheel Cylinders BUT i don't see an indication as to whether or not the rears are different from left to right.

Q 2. are there any bearing company's that you would NOT buy from. Currently i have timken bearings chosen.

Q 3. i believe one of the adjusters on the rear breaks is frozen, where can i find new ones other than egay at 120 per set -.-

Im sure ill have more questions but for now this is it. As always thanx for your help!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

You should be able to get the adjuster apart and clean it up, if not or damage it while trying to take it apart . Rockauto parts should have new adjusters, I think the rear wheel cylinders are the same on each side

A1: Rears are identical. You can get fronts that are universal as well, however the originals were keyed for one side only.

A2: All bearings are Chinese now, but if you can find old-stock NSK Japanese ones you'll be ahead.

A3: Someone should have the part number for the adjusters, but my Mom bought them at rockauto and they weren't that expensive. However, they are easily fixed unless damaged. Once you get them apart clean them and coat the inside with anti-sieze

You should be able to get the adjuster apart and clean it up, if not or damage it while trying to take it apart .

good to hear, ill give it a go b4 i buy new ones

Rockauto parts should have new adjusters

I looked and couldn't find them. Ill look again

think the rear wheel cylinders are the same on each side

sweet! thanx Rick-Rat

A1: Rears are identical. You can get fronts that are universal as well, however the originals were keyed for one side only.

A2: All bearings are Chinese now, but if you can find old-stock NSK Japanese ones you'll be ahead.

A3: Someone should have the part number for the adjusters, but my Mom bought them at rockauto and they weren't that expensive. However, they are easily fixed unless damaged. Once you get them apart clean them and coat the inside with anti-sieze

thanx for the info datsunaholic! ill keep looking for adjust in case i cant repair the frozen one